Monday, January 21, 2013

Don'ts for Mothers, 2013 #7- Life is for Living

Don'ts for Mothers, 2013 #7- Life is for Living
 
Don't expect a lot to get done when you're at work.


I suspect this is what happens most of the day when I am at work. I think I'm okay with it.

Nothing makes a holiday more lovely than forgetting about it until the Friday before, as I did this Martin Luther King Jr. Day... except maybe getting to spend it with these two gentlemen. We had a great day, beginning with Jude rolling over for the first time. It scared the sh*t out of him, so I suspect he won't do it again for awhile...


After that, we took Maddy to the Oceanfront so she could chase birds. It was glorious. (Although, I'll admit it... the crisp air, while fine for a walk on the boardwalk made me want to throw up when I thought about the Polar Plunge in a few weeks...)


We spent the rest of the afternoon napping (us, not Jude), watching the Inauguration and The Ultimate Guide to the Presidents. 


For dinner, we had a romantic meal of ribs at our new dining room table, delivered today. It was made even better by Jude finally falling asleep after a day he didn't want to miss a second of:


If I was Raf, I'd do it all again tomorrow. Especially the making dinner part, okay Raf?

No comments:

Post a Comment