Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Don'ts For Mothers, 2013 #1- Old Man Leeland

Don'ts for Mothers, 2013 #1-Old Man Leeland
 
Don't beat yourself up too much about going back to work, especially if you are leaving your child in the best of care (and have a briefcase full of crackers).


It sure was hard to leave this face this morning!

 I have really enjoyed my maternity leave. It has been wonderful to spend the days with Jude and see Raf as much as I have. It's been peaceful and really, really relaxing. However, as Mikey Cioffi will tell you, I am a company woman and I looked forward to returning to work. I am what you might call domestically challenged so the life of playing with my kids and keeping my house in reasonable order is not one for me. I know I will be a better mom because of going to work everyday. Some people are made to stay home with their children and do a fantastic job of it. They work harder than I ever will in my office and I have nothing but respect for them. Luckily, I found one such lady to watch my boy.





Jude had a great day, and I got regular updates from his aunt:



He especially enjoyed spending time with his beautiful cousins:




Even if they did this to him:




He ended the day how he started it: All smiles!


Now the real test: A day with Daddy tomorrow. Yikes!




No comments:

Post a Comment