Friday, October 2, 2009

It's been a long time coming...

It's amazing how much less time you have for blogging when you actually have a job and take classes again...

Mostly I've been working (which has been awesome), reading (constantly), and eating Raftery's fine meals.

Example:




Ricky liked it:



Difficult to trust a chef that looks like this:




Nothing too exciting has happened. We went to Mikey's wedding a few weeks ago, but I forgot my camera and had to use the Raftery's original dinosaur cam. The pictures have not been uploaded yet, but I will post them when we figure out if computers even had USB ports when this camera was created. I've been taking classes for my gifted endorsement, which have sucked up 2 Saturdays (from 8am-6pm) and Raftery went to Dodd's bachelor party in Atantic City. He got to visit all my family and friends...

However, we did have one important life event: Kevin's first U2 concert. We met Clark and his lovely lady friend at UVA:



Although we missed most of the opening act (Muse) we did get some pretty great stage pics that showcase our amazing seats:










By the time U2 came on, Raftery was in a daze:




This shot is the last evidence that Raftery even know I was along:




We tried our best with the stage pics. It was hard to capture the spectacle that was this concert, but here is our best attempt:









Some video footage:






The show ended sometime around midnight... that put us back in Virginia Beach around 3:30. That gave me about 2.5 hours of sleep before I had to get up for school. That was a little rough, but I only had one lesson (3rd grade), a one-on-one with my favorite twice exceptional student, and a collaboration with 4th grade before I got to leave for training for the rest of the afternoon.

So that's the life of Horbal and Raftery for the month of September in a nut shell.

Coming soon: Wedding Awards 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment